Virginia is a charter member of CTECS and CTECS is proud to serve as the assessment provider for the CTECS Workplace Readiness Skills Assessment© (also referred to as the WRS Assessment©, the WRS Test©, or the WRS Retake©), our most popular assessment, created under the strong leadership and vision of the Department of Career and Technical Education Services, Virginia Department of Education. Read about CTECS' role in the creation of these skills as part of the 2010 Workplace Readiness Skills initiative in Virginia. CTECS also supported the creation of the current skills list by supplying research for the Technology Skills area.
New for SY2015-2016
Extended Testing Schedule
Beginning with the 2015-2016 school year, the Career and Technical Education Consortium of States (CTECS) is pleased to offer an extended schedule for the WRS assessment that includes the option of summer testing. The optional testing schedule will be available through July 31, 2016, and the results will be included with the 2015-2016 school year data reported to the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE). School divisions who wish to test in July must contact Robyn Marshall at email@example.com to request testing dates. Please see the VDOE Superintendent's Memo for further details.
The “New, Instant Enrollment” Option
Starting this school year test site administrators will be able to login at ESESS and enroll their own students as well as make changes to student data within the E-SESS system. All test site administrators will have access to three reports that will allow them to do the following:
- Import their students, using the Student Registration form –Test site administrators will fill out the same Student Registration form they have always filled out. However, they will now be able to import the form themselves with no wait due to CTECS review.
- Add individual students – This feature allows test site administrators to add individual students quickly on an as-needed basis.
- Edit student data on an as-needed basis - This feature allows test site administrators to edit the student’s data in case they change schools, have errors in data such as course code changes, or have any other information that needs to be edited.
New Accommodations for Students Identified as Limited English Proficient (LEP)
CTECS Began Offering a WRS Digital Badge
Information about the complementary CTECS WRS Assessment Digital Badge can be found through the Digital Badge Project link.
Important Dates and Issues Via Mailchimp
You should be receiving these messages through the same email you gave us when you submitted your TSA web form, which essentially begins the process with CTECS. Please let us know you want to subscribe or be unsubscribed from this list (which you can also do yourself through any message you receive). If you missed important emails, we have them listed below:
Overview of the WRS Assessment-Administration Process
Follow the links in the left navigation column for more information on the following:
1. Set up your account.
2. Submit the Test Site Administrator Registration and Agreement form.
3. Register students.
4. Generate and distribute test tickets.
5. Verify your annual test results.