For instructional modules: https://www.ctecs.org/wrs-modules
Testing can begin as early as August 16, 2021 and ends July 29, 2022. This is considered SY2021-22 for which all results are reported. During this time, students will have a maximum of three chances (up to two retakes) to pass the WRS Post-Test.
Click on the above buttons or use the menu options in the left column to successfully test with CTECS.
Reminders for SY2021-22
- Returning test site administrators have access to student testing data from previous school years. Just log into E-SESS and follow instructions to "Change Organizations." Forgot your password? Request a password reset from firstname.lastname@example.org
- When new test site administrators are added to E-SESS, they are sent an email message with a temp password and instructions to create a new one.
- New Instructional Resources are available to help prepare students to pass the test. The new WRS site is up and running here: WRS Resources site. Modules with vocabulary are linked to each skill, available here: https://www.ctecs.org/wrs-modules
- Sample questions are available here: Sample Questions, but also linked interactively through the "Practice" portion of the WRS site.
- The new WRS site continues to evolve, and we welcome your interaction and feedback. Send us your success stories and your lessons, activities, and ideas that work. You can do this directly through the comments section on the "Teach" portion of the site.
- Complete the Purchaser's Contract webform to set up your 2021-22 account.
- Complete the online Test Site Administrator Registration and Agreement form.
- Enroll students and generate test tickets completely on your own. Don’t forget to identify students who require accommodations.
- Credit card payments are also now accepted.
Types of tests that CTECS offers Virginia:
All tests currently available have been listed below with descriptions and prices.
|Workplace Readiness Skills Assessment|
Cost per form of test:
60-minute timed test
Standard of mastery: 75% (except for the Pre-Test which does not have a standard of mastery)
Virginia is a charter member of CTECS and CTECS is proud to serve as the assessment provider for the CTECS Workplace Readiness Skills Assessment© (also referred to as the WRS Assessment©, the WRS Test©, or the WRS Retakes©), our most popular assessment, created under the strong leadership and vision of the Department of Career and Technical Education Services, Virginia Department of Education. Read about CTECS' role in the creation of these skills as part of the 2010 Workplace Readiness Skills initiative in Virginia.