Testing can begin as early as August 14. Summer testing will end July 31, 2018. Combined, these two periods are considered SY2017-18 for which all results are reported. During this time students will have a maximum of three chances (up to two retakes) to pass the WRS Post-Test.
Click on the above buttons or use the menu options in the left column to successfully test with CTECS.
Click here to read the Welcome Back letter, which states most of the following.
Reminders for SY2017-18
- New parallel forms of the CTECS Workplace Readiness Skills Assessment© are ready for this year.
- New Instructional Resources are available to help prepare students to pass the test. Modules with vocabulary are linked to each skill, available here: https://www.ctecs.org/wrs-modules
- 50 sample questions are available here: https://www.ctecs.org/sites/default/files/files/SampleWRS_50.pdf
- A new site is also currently under development to collect the best resources for students, teachers, and parents. Look for an announcement later in the school year.
- Complete the Purchaser's Contract webform to set up your 2017-18 account.
- Complete the online Test Site Administrator Registration and Agreement form.
- Enroll students and generate test tickets completely on your own. Don’t forget to identify students who require accommodations.
- Credit card payments are also now accepted.
- All policy changes and updates for the 2017-2018 school year are posted on the Virginia Policies page: https://www.ctecs.org/virginia/policies.
Types of tests that CTECS offers Virginia:
All tests currently available have been listed below with descriptions and prices.
|Workplace Readiness Skills Assessment|
Cost per form of test:
60-minute timed test
Standard of mastery: 75% (except for the Pre-Test which does not have a standard of mastery)
See the Workplace Readiness Skills Assessment under Services for more. Click Purchase/Ordering to get started with testing.
Virginia is a charter member of CTECS and CTECS is proud to serve as the assessment provider for the CTECS Workplace Readiness Skills Assessment© (also referred to as the WRS Assessment©, the WRS Test©, or the WRS Retakes©), our most popular assessment, created under the strong leadership and vision of the Department of Career and Technical Education Services, Virginia Department of Education. Read about CTECS' role in the creation of these skills as part of the 2010 Workplace Readiness Skills initiative in Virginia. CTECS also supported the creation of the current skills list by supplying research for the Technology Skills area.