The test site administrator can begin registering students by following instructions for completing the Student Registration form and using the upload function to send it to CTECS.
Before the test site administrator completes this stage of the process, he/she must
- obtain a contract number from CTECS
- complete and submit the Test Site Administrator Registration and Agreement form.
- The Student Registration form is downloaded from CTECS and saved locally.
- The Student Registration form is completed and saved under a specific file name. See below for Detailed Instructions for Completing and Saving the Student Registration form.
- The Student Registration form is submitted by uploading it through CTECS’ secure upload. See below for Detailed Instructions for Submitting the Student Registration form and for the File Upload Function (at bottom of this page).
- CTECS completes the upload to E-SESS and, when finished, sends an email to the test site administrator with login information.
- The test site administrator uses the login information to enter the E-SESS system, generate test tickets, and print the Test Tickets Report.
- Test site administrators are asked to check this report against their submitted records in advance of the test day. Note: Use this same process to view student scores and other reports.
Very important: Allow up to six business days after you upload the Student Registration form before scheduling testing at your site.
Completing and Saving the Student Registration Form
1. Open the Excel file and complete each column of information.
Registering Students With a Disability (SWD)
The WRS Assessment provides the following accommodations for SWD:
Extended time (90 minutes for a total of 2 1/2 hours) to test.
Note: The site administrator must request the extra time on the student registration form. Testing time may not be split up for any student over multiple durations. See Policies for more.
- A text-to-speech feature. Headphones should be provided locally. The student must click on the speaker icon to hear the audio.
An option to take the test as it is read by an aide or test proctor, arranged at the test site by the test site administrator or test proctor (extended time may be necessary)
Note: Items on the assessment are randomized so more than one reader may be required if several students require reading assistance.*
- An option for test item enlargement on the computer monitor, arranged at the test site by the test site administrator or test proctor
Specifications for File Name
2. Title the file (Excel spreadsheet) containing the student registration data and save it on your computer.by including
- Order number (assigned when test was purchased)
- school name
- Test site administrator's last name.
If you upload more than one spreadsheet, please number them consecutively so that we can identify a specific file, if necessary.
Submitting the Student Registration Form
3. Submit the Student Registration form by uploading it through the secure upload below. Complete and save the file, then click the Upload Files button. You will see a confirmation message indicating the files were uploaded OR you will receive an error message if the files were not sent correctly.