WRS Test Characteristics
- Web-based (online) delivery through the E-SESS system in a proctored environment (teachers may NOT proctor their own students)
- 100-question, multiple-choice test
- One-hour window for completion (see extended time exceptions in Policies)
- Passing score of 75 percent or higher (validated using the Modifed-Angoff Cut-Score methodology earns the test taker an official certificate (for WRS Test and Retake only)
- Test site administrators have instant access to results upon completion
- Test takers who do not pass the official WRS Test are eligible for up to two WRS Retakes (students who pass cannot retake the test for any reason). All standard requirements are identical for the WRS Retakes and the official WRS Test, including the passing score.
- There is no software to install. For all other basic technical requirements, please see the IT Requirements.
EOP Test Characteristics: All other end-of-program CTECS Assessment in Nevada are also 100-item, multiple-choice, 60-minute timed tests. Retakes are also available for these types of tests.
Forms of the CTECS/Nevada Assessments
- Test—the official test taken the first time that validates competency in each skill within a comprehensive score.
- Retake #1—the second attempt to pass the official test that uses the same items. Test takers MUST wait at least 14 calendar days between the test and the retake.
- Retake #2—the third attempt to pass the official test that uses the same items. Test takers Must wait at least 14 calendar days between the first WRS Retake before taking the second. Students who pass the first WRS Retake may not take another. Please see the Retakes link for information on pricing and ordering.
Nevada proctors and test site administrators are asked to follow every step of the process to ensure a positive assessment experience.