For the Workplace Readiness Skills (WRS) Assessment
CTECS has developed WRS modules linked many of the 21 skills. Students are encouraged to access these directly or to work with a parent or teacher. Please click here: the modules page.
The WRS list and curriculum resources were created in Virginia and adopted by Nevada, which now also supplies resources. Additionally, CTECS has recently released a site dedicated to teaching and learning the WRS: http://wrs.ctecs.org/. We encourage Maine to add to the following materials.
Instructional and curriculum material is available through the Virginia CTE Resource Center at http://www.cteresource.org/about/index.html.
1. Go here: http://www.cteresource.org/verso2/search.
2. Search for and click on any course.
3. Click on any of the first 21 tasks in your task list and scroll to "Instructional Resources for Workplace Readiness Skills."
The ESCR Website (Nevada)
Visit the CTE - ESCR website: http://cte-escr.org/
Click here to watch the ESCR Lessons movie.
Since Nevada adopted the Workplace Readiness Skills (WRS) from Virginia, which are called ESCR standards in Nevada, CTECS is pleased to offer the Consortium the Nevada resources for teaching the 21 WRS, through the CTE–ESCR website. By completing the lessons, students should be able to identify the WRS in various settings and be able to apply a proactive approach to improving their “soft” or “employability” skills.
In an effort to get all students ready for the next step, as of April 2013, all high school students in Nevada must, in addition to completing a Career and Technical Education program of study assessment, pass a test on the 21 ESCR standards to receive a state certificate of attainment. The ESCR website and lesson plans were created to provide a definition of the standards and resources for teachers and students.
- The current WRS list (http://www.cteresource.org/attachments/atb/WRSRepositoryFiles/WRSList.pdf)
- The WRS Introductory Guide
- The WRS Resources site
- The Virginia Workplace Readiness Skills Repository
- WRS Assessment Blueprint
- Sample test questions for each of the 21 Workplace Readiness Skills
- Frequently asked questions, FAQ
- WRS instructional resources at CTE Resource Center
- ESCR website: http://cte-escr.org/ and Introductory Movie about these resources
- Weldon Cooper Center, Demographics Research Group, University of Virginia