The “New, Instant Enrollment” Option
Starting this school year test site administrators will be able to log in at E-SESS and enroll their own students as well as make changes to student data within the E-SESS system. All test site administrators will have access to three reports that will allow them to do the following:
- Import their students, using the Student Registration form –Test site administrators will fill out the same Student Registration form they have always filled out. However, they will now be able to import the form themselves with no wait due to CTECS review.
- Add individual students – This feature allows test site administrators to add individual students quickly on an as-needed basis.
- Edit student data on an as-needed basis - This feature allows test site administrators to edit the student’s data in case they change schools, have errors in data such as course code changes, or have any other information that needs to be edited.
Please log in to your E-SESS account and follow the "New Enrollment" instructions beginning on page 5 of this guide: Using your E-SESS Administrator Account.
Before the test site administrator completes this stage of the process, he/she must complete and submit the Student Registration form.
(Still available in Maine but not preferred.) Wait periods should be expected when using this process.
- The Student Registration form is downloaded from CTECS and saved locally.
- The Student Registration form is completed and saved under a specific file name. See below for Detailed Instructions for Completing and Saving the Student Registration form.
- The Student Registration form is submitted by uploading it through CTECS’ secure upload. See below for Detailed Instructions for Submitting the Student Registration form and for the File Upload Function (at bottom of this page).
- CTECS completes the upload to E-SESS and, when finished, sends an email to the test site administrator with login information.
- The test site administrator uses the login information to enter the E-SESS system, generate test tickets, and print the Test Tickets Report.
- Test site administrators are asked to check this report against their submitted records in advance of the test day. Note: Use this same process to view student scores and other reports.
Very important: Allow up to six business days after you upload the Student Registration form before scheduling testing at your site.
Completing and Saving the Student Registration Form
1. Open the Excel file and complete each column of information.
- In the Assessment Name 1 column, enter one of the test titles, exactly as shown under the Live, End-of-Program Assessments heading on the Overview page.
Registering Students With a Disability (SWD) or for Learning English Proficiency (LEP)
The WRS Assessment provides the following accommodations for SWD or LEP:
Extended time (90 minutes for a total of 2 1/2 hours) to test.
Note: The site administrator must request the extra time on the student registration form. Testing time may not be split up for any student over multiple durations. See Policies for more.
- A text-to-speech feature. Headphones should be provided locally. The student must click on the speaker icon to hear the audio.
An option to take the test as it is read by an aide or test proctor, arranged at the test site by the test site administrator or test proctor (extended time may be necessary)
Note: Items on the assessment are randomized so more than one reader may be required if several students require reading assistance.*
- An option for test item enlargement on the computer monitor, arranged at the test site by the test site administrator or test proctor
Specifications for File Name
Title the file (Excel spreadsheet) containing the student registration data and save it on your computer.by including
- Contract / PO number.
- Test site administrator's last name
- school name
If you upload more than one spreadsheet, please number them consecutively so that we can identify a specific file, if necessary.
Submitting the Student Registration Form
Submit the Student Registration form by uploading it through the secure upload below. Complete and save the file, then click the Upload Files button. You will see a confirmation message indicating the files were uploaded OR you will receive an error message if the files were not sent correctly.