TSA Retakes-Purchasing and Registration
TSA Retake Information
- Students may retake a TSA only once and it must be scheduled a minimum of 14 days after the original assessment.
- Retakes must be administered no later than May 15, 2020.
- Retakes must be purchased by the district/school.
- Cost: $8 per retake assessment.
Step 1: Obtain a Contract Number
Option 1 (strongly preferred) : Complete and Submit the Purchaser's Contract form.
Note: The contract must be completed by the appropriate person responsible for payment for the assessments.
Once the form is submitted, you will receive an email response with a contract number. The contract number is required to enroll students.
If you have questions about the contract, please contact Dana Wilson at email@example.com (404-679-4501 Ext. 3543). Additional questions should be sent to Ken Potthoff, firstname.lastname@example.org, 404-994-6538, Darren Morris, email@example.com, 804-543-6094, or Robyn Marshall, firstname.lastname@example.org, 404-994-6534.
Option 2: Submit a Purchase Order (PO)
One PO per school or division should be used for assessment purchases for the entire school year.
Once the PO is received and processed, a contract number will be sent. The contract number is required for student registration, so it should be provided to the test site administrator(s) immediately after receipt.
Please make the purchase order payable to the Career and Technical Education Consortium of States (CTECS). POs may be faxed or mailed to Dana Wilson; please do not send duplicates. Fax it to 404-492-5396 or mail it to CTECS, Attn: Dana Wilson,1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097.
Paying the Invoice via Major Credit Card
Major credit cards can be used to pay for CTECS assessments. Please follow the procedures below to pay for assessments using a credit card.
1. Set up your account by submitting the purchaser's contract online webform as usual.
2. Request an invoice provided with a link to pay by credit card.
3. Call/email Dana Wilson at CTECS (404-994-6536 / email@example.com) to request the linked invoice or to directly process your order. Please note that there will be a 3 percent fee charged for each credit card transaction/invoice total. If you would like to reduce the fee to just $0.50 per invoice/transaction, have Dana set up an ACH payment. The standard option of paying by check is still available.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Dana Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org (404-679-4501 Ext. 3543).
CTECS W-9 and sole source letter
If you need the CTECS W-9 Form or sole source letter, please click on one of the links below to access/save the file(s).
Step 2: Upload Student Registration form to CTECS for processing (wait time is required)
- The Student Registration form is downloaded from CTECS and saved locally.
- The Student Registration form is completed and saved under a specific file name. See below for Detailed Instructions for Completing and Saving the Student Registration form.
- The Student Registration form is submitted by uploading it through CTECS’ secure upload. See below for Detailed Instructions for Submitting the Student Registration form and for the File Upload Function (at bottom of this page).
- CTECS completes the upload to E-SESS and, when finished, sends an email to the test site administrator with login information.
- The test site administrator uses the login information to enter the E-SESS system, generate test tickets, and print the Test Tickets Report.
- Test site administrators are asked to check this report against their submitted records in advance of the test day. Note: Use this same process to view student scores and other reports.
Completing and Saving the Student Registration form
Open the Student Registration form and complete each column of information. Instructions for completing each column may be found on the second "sheet" in the student registration form file.
Specifications for File Name
Title the file (Excel spreadsheet) containing the student registration data and save it on your computer. Name the file by including last name of the test site administrator and the school name.
Example: Howard-Wood River High.xlsx
If you upload more than one spreadsheet, please number them consecutively so that we can identify a specific file, if necessary
Securely submit the Student Registration form
Complete and save the Student Registration form then complete the upload form below. Click the Upload button to transmit the file. You will see the confirmation message "Uploaded" if the transmission is successful.
Step 3: Generate Test Tickets