For the Workplace Readiness Skills (WRS/WRA) Assessment©
How the WRS list change in SY2020-21: Quick Compare
For our original instructional modules: https://www.ctecs.org/original-wrs-modules-idaho-nevada-maine-california
For emerging instructional modules: https://www.ctecs.org/wrs-modules
Workforce Readiness Incentive (WRI)
1. Pass the Workplace Readiness Assessment (WRA),
2. Pass the Technical Skills Assessment (TSA), and
The WRI calculation will include student scores only from the first TSA attempt.
3. Earn all SkillStack® sub-badges in their pathway.
- CTECS Idaho website
- CTECS - Test Site Administrator and Proctor Guides
- CTE Capstone Courses and Assessments
- Results and Standards
- Statewide/District for each Pathway
- Results by Standards for each Pathway
- Statewide Summary – WRA/TSA
- Transition Coordinators Contact Information
- Capstone Courses / Assessments
- Assignment Manual
- Disregard upload details (helpful for Trimesters in March)
- Approver guide – Updated
- Lesson plan – Updated
- Student Resources
- SkillStack® Poster
Instructional and curriculum material is available through the Virginia CTE Resource Center at http://www.cteresource.org.
1. Go here: http://www.cteresource.org/verso.
2. Search for and click on any course.
3. Click on any of the first 21 tasks in your task list and scroll to "Instructional Resources for Workplace Readiness Skills."
The ESCR Website (Nevada)
Visit the CTE - ESCR website: http://cte-escr.org/
Click here to watch the ESCR Lessons movie.
Since Nevada adopted the Workplace Readiness Skills (WRS/WRA) from Virginia, which are called ESCR standards in Nevada, CTECS is pleased to offer the Consortium the Nevada resources for teaching the 21 WRS, through the CTE–ESCR website. By completing the lessons, students should be able to identify the WRS/WRA in various settings and be able to apply a proactive approach to improving their “soft” or “employability” skills.
In an effort to get all students ready for the next step, as of April 2013, all high school students in Nevada must, in addition to completing a Career and Technical Education program of study assessment, pass a test on the 21 ESCR standards to receive a state certificate of attainment. The ESCR website and lesson plans were created to provide a definition of the standards and resources for teachers and students.
- The current WRS list (http://www.cteresource.org/attachments/atb/WRSRepositoryFiles/WRSList.pdf)
- The WRS Introductory Guide
- The Virginia Workplace Readiness Skills Repository
- WRS Assessment Blueprint
- Sample test questions for each of the 21 Workplace Readiness Skills
- Frequently asked questions, FAQ
- WRS instructional resources at CTE Resource Center
- ESCR website: http://cte-escr.org/ and Introductory Movie about these resources
- Weldon Cooper Center, Demographics Research Group, University of Virginia
- CTECS Services