Student Registration - Workplace Readiness Skills
- Dates: Nov 1 - May 14
- Costs are covered by the state.
- All CTE seniors who are enrolled in at least their second CTE course (grades 9‐12) should take the WRA exam.
- Students must be enrolled by each school. Note! ICTE will only pay for students if ISEE data can be validated and all of the data fields are provided (ex. Name, EDUID, School, etc.)
WRS Registration Instructions
Test Site Administrators who submitted the Test Site Administrator Registration and Agreement form for school year 2019-20, may log into their E-SESS accounts and begin enrolling students for the CTECS Workplace Readiness Skills assessment.
Test Site Administrators who have not yet completed and submitted the Test Site Administrator Registration and Agreement form this school year, must complete and submit it before students can be enrolled.
Option 1: Instant Enrollment (preferred method)
Test site administrators can log into their E-SESS account and enroll their students. Test site administrators have access to menu options that allow them to import student (participant) data using the Common Fields method. The fields common to all students to be enrolled are selected from drop-down menus in E-SESS; other data is listed on the student registration form (Excel file). Once the student data is successfully imported, test tickets are immediately available. Generate the Test Ticket report to print tickets (use Participants menu - Import).
Complete each column of information on the Student Registration form. Detailed instructions for completing each column are contained on the Instructions tab/sheet in the file itself.
Please log in to your E-SESS account and follow the Import instructions beginning on page 5 of this guide: Using your E-SESS Administrator Account. Using the Common Fields (Prefill Values) process is recommended.
Option 2: Upload Student Registration form to CTECS for processing (wait time is required)
Note! Wait periods should be expected when using this process. Please allow up to 6 business days after you upload the form before scheduling testing at your site.
- The Student Registration form is downloaded from CTECS and saved locally.
- The Student Registration form is completed and saved under a specific file name. See below for Detailed Instructions for Completing and Saving the Student Registration form.
- The Student Registration form is submitted by uploading it through CTECS’ secure upload. See below for Detailed Instructions for Submitting the Student Registration form and for the File Upload Function (at bottom of this page).
- CTECS completes the upload to E-SESS and, when finished, sends an email to the test site administrator with login information.
- The test site administrator uses the login information to enter the E-SESS system, generate test tickets, and print the Test Tickets Report.
- Test site administrators are asked to check this report against their submitted records in advance of the test day. Note: Use this same process to view student scores and other reports.
Completing and Saving the Student Registration Form
Open the Student Registration form and complete each column of information. Instructions for completing each column may be found on the second "sheet" in the student registration form file.
Specifications for File Name
Title the file (Excel spreadsheet) containing the student registration data and save it on your computer. Name the file by including last name of the test site administrator and the school name.
Example: Howard-Wood River High.xlsx
If you upload more than one spreadsheet, please number them consecutively so that we can identify a specific file, if necessary
Submitting the Student Registration Form
Submit the he Student Registration form by uploading it through the secure upload form below. Complete and save the file, then click the Upload Files button. You will see a confirmation message indicating the files were uploaded OR you will receive an error message if the file(s) did not upload.
Step 3: Generate Test Tickets
Once your form has been successfully uploaded, wait for an email from email@example.com letting you know the tickets are available. Processing typically takes up to 3 business days. Use Instant Enrollment (Option 1) if you need test tickets sooner.