Student Registration - Pre-tests
- Dates: August 19 - Sept 30.
- Costs are covered by the state.
- Students must be enrolled by each school (intended for capstone students in the current school year).
- This is a practice test, no credit is given.
Pre-test Registration Instructions
If you have completed and submitted the Test Site Administrator Registration and Agreement form for school year 2019-20 and have your E-SESS login information, you may begin enrolling students for pre-tests.
Refer to this list for district and school codes and school names, Idaho District and School List.pdf
Option 1: Instant Enrollment (preferred method)
Test site administrators can log into their E-SESS account and enroll their students. Test site administrators have access to menu options that will allow them to do the following:
- Import student (participant) data using the Common Fields method. The fields common to all students to be enrolled are selected from drop-down menus in E-SESS; other data is listed on the student registration form (Excel file). Once the student data is successfully imported, test tickets are immediately available. Generate the Test Ticket report to print tickets (use Participants menu - Import).
Please log in to your E-SESS account and follow the Import instructions beginning on page 5 of this guide: Using your E-SESS Administrator Account. Using the Common Fields process is recommended.
Option 2: Upload Student Registration form to CTECS for processing (wait time is required)
Note! Wait periods should be expected when using this process. Please allow up to 6 business days after you upload the form before scheduling testing at your site.
- The Pretest_ID_Student_Registration_Form.xls is downloaded from CTECS and saved locally.
- The Student Registration form is completed and saved under a specific file name. See below for Detailed Instructions for Completing and Saving the Student Registration form.
- The Student Registration form is submitted by uploading it through CTECS’ secure upload. See below for Detailed Instructions for Submitting the Student Registration form and for the File Upload Function (at bottom of this page).
- CTECS completes the upload to E-SESS and, when finished, sends an email to the test site administrator with login information.
- The test site administrator uses the login information to enter the E-SESS system, generate test tickets, and print the Test Tickets Report.
- Test site administrators are asked to check this report against their submitted records in advance of the test day. Note: Use this same process to view student scores and other reports.
Completing and Saving the Student Registration Form
Open the Student Registration form (Excel file) and complete each column of information. Instructions for completing each column may be found on the second "sheet" in the student registration form file.
Specifications for File Name
Title the file (Excel spreadsheet) containing the student registration data and save it on your computer. Name the file by including last name of the test site administrator and the school name.
Example: Howard-Wood River High.xlsx
If you upload more than one spreadsheet, please number them consecutively so that we can identify a specific file, if necessary
Submitting the Student Registration Form
Submit the Pretest_ID_Student_Registration_Form.xls by uploading it through the secure upload form below. Complete and save the file, then click the Upload Files button. You will see a confirmation message indicating the files were uploaded OR you will receive an error message if the file(s) did not upload.