In order to proctor a test, proctors are required to complete and submit the BPS Maritime Proctor form.
The Test Proctor is responsible for the following.
On test day:
- Confirming the accurate identity of each student before distributing test tickets
- Distributing all test tickets
- Having the students open the test site, using the web address given at the top of their test tickets
- Having the students log in, using the information given on the ticket (Organization, First Name, Last Name, Password)
During the assessment:
- Being present during the entire assessment administration
- Moving around the room to observe and assure that no supplemental materials are referenced
- Maintaining a quiet environment
- Ensuring that students are working independently
- Documenting unusual conditions or situations that may affect students’ scores
- Reporting any breaches of security
Being aware of elapsed time for the test administration and reminding students as appropriate